In celebration of the Great British Bake Off being back on our screens, I thought I would get my bake on and make the most delicious dairy free cookies I have honestly ever tasted. Now, the official name of these is ‘dairy free banana oat and peanut butter cookies’, but seeing as that’s not so catchy, ‘dairy free cookies’ it is. The thing I love about this recipe is that you can pretty much add whatever you want to the ingredients and it tastes good! I’d like to try it with cranberries and white chocolate chips one day. Yum!
For this recipe you will need:
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup oil
3 tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 dollop peanut butter
2 1/4 cup porridge oats
Dairy free choc chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt in a bowl
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, oil and water
4. Mash in the banana, and add a dollop of peanut butter (the size of the dollop is totally your call!)
5. Add the oats and stir in with a fork
6. If you have one, use a handheld blender to blend all the ingredients together. This makes sure the banana is properly ‘mashed’ and also crumbles the oats a bit!
7. Add the chocolate chips and mix in with a fork. Of course you don’t have to use dairy free chocolate chips if you don’t want to, you could pretty much add anything at this stage – raisins or blueberries maybe!
8. Line a baking tray (or two, in my case!) with greaseproof paper, and spoon the cookie mixture onto the trays. Smooth them out with a spoon so they look roughly circular!
9. Bake in the oven for 13 minutes…
And voila! Easiest, tastiest cookies ever! This recipe should make about 10-12 cookies, depending on how big you like your portion sizes! (We like to go pretty mega with ours, so today’s batch made 10 cookies.)
Hope you loved this recipe, give me a comment if you tried it and let me know what you think!