Everyone loves a healthy, easy recipe, don’t they?! This one certainly fits the bill, and for those of you following my Slimming World journey over on YouTube, this recipes comes in at a generous 0.875 syns per serving… We’ll round it up to 1 syn to be on the safe side, shall we?!
I always struggle with lunchtime recipes, normally going for the good old Bachelors Pasta n Sauce (oh the shame!) This one, however, is a game changer. It has loads of speed food in it, is super quick and easy to make and is flippin delicious!
I won’t keep you waiting any longer, here’s what’s in it:
- Giant cous cous (I got mine from Sainsburys, but recently found some in Aldi too!)
- Onions (I use frozen diced onion – life’s too short!)
- Garlic (again, I use Very Lazy garlic, because I am very lazy)
- 3 peppers
- 2-3 courgettes
- Merchant Gourmet Tomatoey French Puy Lentil pouch
- Fry Light
- Spray some Fry Light into a pan and heat up
- Add the diced onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes
- Add the courgettes and peppers
- Pour the giant cous cous (the whole bag!) into a saucepan, cover with boiling water and boil for 6-8 minutes, or until most of the water is gone
- Add the Merchant lentil pouch to the veggie mix
- Add the cous cous once done
It’s literally that simple! The great thing about this recipe too is that you can get creative with it, I’ve had it with some haloumi before, which was delicious, or you could throw in some meat like chorizo, chicken, bacon, all of which would add something extra to it too! YUM. Just plain yum.
Let me know in the comments below what you’d serve this with and whether you’ve tried it! I’d love to know how it went!